*LOCAL APPLICANTS ONLY*
This position starts at $16.50 an hour and increases to $17.50 an hour after 90 days.
Mid-shift position (10:30am-7:30pm ~ hours may vary)
The Quality Technician is responsible for the quality, food safety and esthetics of the product. The QC technician follows through on set processes and ensures adherence to good manufacturing practices (GMP), food safety, Safe
Quality Food (SQF) standards and product quality standards.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for monitoring and programing critical control points (CCP)
• Responsible for monitoring food safety and quality throughout the manufacturing process
• Responsible for performing sanitation verification and allergen testing on equipment and other required areas
• Responsible for the correct recording and filing of all relevant record logs and documentation
• Ensures the correct recipe guidelines for products are met and followed during processing
• Ensures employees are following all Food Safety and worker safety practices
• Ensures and educates employees on food safety and SQF standards
• Collect product samples for Product Development, lab retains and the laboratory as directed
• Performs inspections on products, equipment and machinery
• The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive
• Required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Visual, auditory and hand dexterity. Full body mobility. Adequate reading/language, writing and math skills.
• Adequate computer skills necessary, including proficiency in Microsoft applications (Excel, Word and Outlook).
• Able to work in varied temperature environments (0-50 deg.). Good hand/eye coordination.
• Heavy lifting required—some over 50lbs.
• Continuous movement; must be able to stand for long periods.
• Possesses a working knowledge of sanitation operations; maintains knowledge of current and developing sanitation techniques.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals and to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Familiar and to competently work with Electronic Data Management Systems, ERPs, etc.
• Working knowledge of HACCP.
• Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or zero to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in a science-based area of study preferred or a minimum of 2 years manufacturing plant experience in a quality assurance position.